Ready to sell up?
Deciding to sell your property is a big step, and finding a buyer isn’t always easy. We’re here to make it easier for you. We’ll accompany you every step of the way to make sure your property is marketed in the best possible way. We’re ready to help if you need any advice or support in relation to selling your property.
Call 020 7078 0214 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You won’t find better advice anywhere else.
Selling your property can be stressful. We’re here to help. We work with some of the brightest property experts in the UK to bring you a smooth, quick sale with no fuss. To make it even easier for you, we’ve broken down the process of selling your home into 10 steps for a quick overview of what’s involved. We invite you to sit back and relax, enjoy this guide, and learn how to let your home do the talking.
Click on the cover to read our guide for sellers.
The home selling process explained
Please see below your step-by-step guide to each stage of selling a property through Kingsley Hamilton Estates. If you need any help or advice regarding the selling process, call our friendly team on 020 7078 0214 or email email@example.com.
Now that you’ve decided to sell your home, you’ll need to find out how much it’s worth. We recommend:
- Arranging more than one valuation as it will help you define a realistic asking price
- Researching average sold house prices in your local area
- Noting trends in your area, plus any changes in the national house price index
- Searching local properties for sale that are similar to yours and noting the asking price
While it’s possible to sell privately, it’s essential you’re aware of the pros and cons before doing so. Where an estate agent will take care of the legwork for you, on your own, you become solely responsible for everything. From showing potential buyers around the property, and negotiating the price, to arranging and paying for a photographer, and organising Energy Performance Certificates. If you lead a busy lifestyle, it can all become very time-consuming, very quickly.
Arranging a few valuations is your opportunity to not only agree on a price you like, but to also find and choose an estate agent you get on with and trust. A good agent’s primary purpose is to make the selling process much simpler.
To make your choice easier, here are some points to look out for:
- What are the agent’s opening hours? Do they suit your needs?
- Are viewings accompanied? Are they flexible on time?
- What marketing will you receive? Will you get maximum exposure for your property?
- Will your agent organise the EPC on your behalf?
- Does the agent genuinely care about you, what you want, and what you hope to achieve?
Appointing a solicitor to handle the sale is an essential part of the selling process. It’s against the law for an unqualified person to draw up or prepare a contract of sale that relates to land for a fee. Solicitors are qualified to undertake conveyancing, which is a combination of contract law, land law, and trusts. For peace of mind, we always recommend choosing a solicitor who is well-versed in property legislation and part of the Law Society.
First impressions stick. You’ll need to present your buyer with a canvas they can visualise as their home. Here are some top tips to get your buyer over the line:
- Make sure pets are out of the house, even if your buyer is a pet-lover.
- Work a little elbow grease into the chrome taps, mirrors, and carpets. These items show up traffic more than anything else.
- Gardens are a huge selling point, especially in the City. Investing some TLC will work like magic.
- Take care of any unfinished DIY jobs. Applies to: giving the hallway a fresh coat of neutral paint, decluttering rooms so they appear larger, and replacing any blown lightbulbs.
Whether it’s providing you with a speedy, hassle-free valuation, or capturing the feel of your property using a professional photographer, we’ll get to know your home and your needs inside out.
An active presence across all media provides a great opportunity to reach potential buyers. If you choose Kingsley Hamilton Estates to sell your property, you’ll get the full traditional and digital marketing package. It includes:
- Exposure on our fully responsive English and Chinese websites
- Full-colour property details
- 2D floor plan of your property
- Email and text alerts to potential buyers
- Featured advertising on a range of industry-leading property portals including Rightmove, Zoopla, and Prime Location
- Additional coverage in our direct mailings and local newspapers
- Prime listing on our social media channels and email newsletters
To encourage potential buyers to seal the deal, they need to be able to visit the property whenever it’s convenient for them. So when you’re not around, you’ll need to ensure your estate agent is. Points to consider:
- Will viewings always be accompanied?
- Does your agent have full access to the property?
- Does your agent know the property’s alarm code? The majority of viewings occur after normal working hours and at weekends – and we’ve tailored our opening hours to reflect that. Our offices are open from 9am to 7pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 6pm on Friday, and 10am to 4pm on Saturday. We also operate a 24-hour callback service, so don’t worry if you can’t reach your agent the first time – we’ll call you back.
As soon as a buyer makes an offer on your property, you’ll be notified by phone and in writing. Any conditions to the offer will be stated, along with confirmation of the buyer’s ability to proceed. It’s at this point you’ll decide whether or not to accept the offer. If you receive an offer that’s less than the asking price, we’ll be on hand to advise you on the quality of the offer, and to help you decide the next steps.
Staying flexible and allowing room for negotiation may increase your chances of a swift sale. Before negotiations get underway, be aware that the initial offer you receive may be 5 – 10% lower than your asking price. Remember, you’re not under any obligation to accept an offer you’re not totally happy with. When you do agree a price you like, your estate agent will prepare the following:
- A memorandum of sale
- A letter to all parties confirming the agreed price
- A document asking you to confirm your solicitor’s details
Your solicitor and your buyer’s solicitor will take care of the exchange over the phone. Once that’s taken place, both you and the buyer are then legally bound to complete the deal. The terms of the new contract will include details of both parties, how much the property will be purchased for, and the completion date.
Your property is sold. The purchase price, minus the costs incurred, will be transferred from the buyer’s solicitor to your solicitor. As soon as the money has cleared in your account, all that’s left to do is hand over the keys.
Don’t just take our word for it…
Customer satisfaction is key to success, and that’s what makes us different.
The sale of my property with Kingsley Hamilton Estates was smooth and handled extremely professionally. I was always kept updated throughout the whole process and all my questions were answered quickly. I would highly recommend their services to anyone thinking of selling or buying in London. – George
We were really pleased with the service that we received from Kingsley Hamilton Estates when selling our first property. They were always quick to respond to our emails and phone calls. They took all the stress away and the whole selling process was really smooth! We would definitely use Kingsley Hamilton Estates again and recommend them to everyone! – Amelia
Kingsley Hamilton Estates are delighted to present this fantastic off-plan, 31st floor three bedroom two bathroom apartment, situated in the very high end 41 storey tower, Harbour Central development - Maine Tower, Canary Wharf.
Kingsley Hamilton Estates are delighted to present this fantastic off-plan, 29th floor two bedroom apartment, situated in the very high end 41 storey tower, Harbour Central development - Maine Tower, Canary Wharf.
Kingsley Hamilton Estates are delighted to present this fantastic off-plan, 22nd floor two bedroom apartment, situated in the very high end 41 storey tower, Harbour Central development - Maine Tower, Canary Wharf.
Kingsley Hamilton Estates are delighted to present this fantastic off-plan, 15th floor two bedroom two bathroom apartment, situated in the very high end 41 storey tower, Harbour Central development - Maine Tower, Canary Wharf.