With more people, shops and attractions than any other city in the UK, it’s no wonder that Londoners are opting for a staycation and choosing to stay at home during the vacation season. And, whatever your age or budget, you’re sure to find something to do.
If you’re not heading abroad this summer, here are a few ways you can become a tourist in your own city.
Get involved in quirky events
With so many activities taking place this summer, it can be hard to choose one thing to do. But, with many being free, you don’t have to limit yourself.
Here are just some of the events you can get involved in:
- Open-air cinema – This summer, Wembley Park will be hosting its very own open-air cinema and Regent’s Park will be home to an open-air theatre. From family favourites to hilarious comedy, enjoy some of the best-loved shows under the stars.
- Underbelly Festival – If you love all things comedy, circus and cabaret, the Underbelly Festival is for you. Taking place until 29thSeptember, expect attention-grabbing shows and delicious festival food.
- Disco Yoga– Looking for a fun way to burn some calories? Yoga disco takes place all around the capital and will certainly give you something to talk about.
- Urban beaches – Plenty of beaches will be popping up around the city – from Fulham and South Bank to the Royal Docks and Hampstead. Sit back, relax and enjoy.
- Rooftop bars, beer gardens and guided pub crawls – London has plenty of events that will satisfy your taste buds. Streatlife, Alexandra Palace’s street food and craft beer festival, is returning once more.
Shake things up
Just because you’re choosing to stay at home, doesn’t mean you need to stick to your traditional routine. Changing a few aspects of your home, and trying out new ideas, can give you that holiday feeling without having to move an inch. Why not:
- Have breakfast outside on the patio or balcony
- Host a back garden movie night
- Sleep outside under the stars
- Enjoy a BBQ with your friends and invite the neighbours
Shop till you drop
There are also other ways you can get the most out of your staycation in London, such as giving yourself a makeover or buying a new outfit. With a variety of markets and shopping outlets across the whole of London, you’ll be able to shop till you drop!
- Oxford Street – As one of the busiest shopping districts in London, explore the likes of Selfridges as well as designer names.
- Notting Hill – Full of vibrant markets and trendy shops, Notting Hill boasts cute cafes and independent stores selling antiques and the latest fashion.
- Covent Garden – Renowned for being home to luxury fashion as well as award-winning restaurants, Covent Garden offers a shopping experience like no other.
Update your home
Time off work could also be used to refresh your interior. It doesn’t need to be time-consuming, home improvements could take as little as three days. Plus, why not make the most of the summer months, and create your very own haven in the back garden. Add lighting, hammocks and parasols to any garden to create an affluent aspect to your home.
Perhaps you’re staying at home this summer to save money for a new property. Or maybe, you want to make the most of the months as you’ve heard it’s the best time to sell. Either way, Kingsley Hamilton Estates are here to help.
Not only can we assist with finding your new home, but we can take care of the administration work associated with letting, selling and buying a property. If you have any questions regarding our range of properties and new developments, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today!